how do members become moderators?

Quote:
100% Spot on! So far we've never invited anyone to be a moderator that has asked to be one.

Moderators are chosen for the reasons listed in many posts in this thread. In general, not because of the sheer number of posts, but because when they do post it is helpful, friendly, and level headed.

And that is how it should be!
clap.gif

If you've read the rules of the site, you will begin to understand the family friendly environment we like to promote on BYC. Here they are:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/terms-of-service

The beginning slogan, if I recall, was "a chicken in every backyard". I moderated BYC for over 5 years. Was a member even before Rob revamped the original BYC. The slant has always been the same, learning and sharing the joys of chicken keeping in a friendly and helpful environment where all family members could feel safe.

Last edited:
If you've read the rules of the site, you will begin to understand the family friendly environment we like to promote on BYC. Here they are:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/terms-of-service

The beginning slogan, if I recall, was "a chicken in every backyard". I moderated BYC for over 5 years. Was a member even before Rob revamped the original BYC. The slant has always been the same, learning and sharing the joys of chicken keeping in a friendly and helpful environment where all family members could feel safe.

bow.gif

If I ever had to single one person out for education and help I have received on BYC it would without doubt be Speckledhen!

Compassionate, educational and a wonderful spirit....thank you so much!

bow.gif

After reading hundreds of post on this site over the last four months, it seems to me that the issues in whether you can be a moderator on this site or not, lies in your interpretation of the term "Family Friendly". If your idea of Family Friendly is a show like the Jeff Corwin Show, where it shows people spending millions of dollars saving wounded seals and stranded whales, then I think you could be a moderator in BYC. But if your interpretation of Family Friendly is more like Duck Dynasty, where it shows traditional American family, praying over their meals, saying things that are not politically correct, chopping the heads off frogs, ripping the heads off chickens, shooting snakes and skinning fish, you will more then likely get banned from this site. Duck Dynasty is the most popular, most watch Family show on TV, so the majority of Americans would interpret the term Family Friendly in the latter sense, but it appears that BYC panders strictly to the liberal minority's interpretation of the term.

Bottom line. If you are a conservative American that holds true to traditional American values, keep your mouth shut about it on BYC or you will be dealt with. If you are politically correct liberal, you are free to spout off all you want with no fear on BYC. This is just what I picked up from reading on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom