how do members become moderators?

Quote:
Wow, you've been a mod before, haven't you!?

The staff has visibility into a LOT of things that most members don't see. Sometimes we're tempted to post publicly something like, "Look what this member just PM'd another moderator... now do you see why they were banned!?"

But we know that would just incite more drama.

Do people get banned for bad transactions in the BST area?

Lets say someone is selling eggs. buyer pays through MO and seller dont ship. seller is banned right?

Last edited:
Quote:
You are so right! It is all about the members... but remember, every single moderator is just a member like the rest of us. They've simply proven themselves to be level headed with a love of the community and have been given a little bit more power / responsibility.

BTW, knowing that moderators are just members is why my number one rule for moderators = Have fun! Without that, what's the point for any of us to be here?

Quote:
We don't usually get involved in sales. It is up to each member to know who they are dealing with and proceed with caution.

That said, if we see agreegious misuse of our forum (BST or otherwise) we'll take action.

BTW, moving this to the feedback section as I think it is more fitting to be there.

Quote:
Wow, you've been a mod before, haven't you!?

The staff has visibility into a LOT of things that most members don't see. Sometimes we're tempted to post publicly something like, "Look what this member just PM'd another moderator... now do you see why they were banned!?"

But we know that would just incite more drama.

No but I have turned it down a few times on other sites for the reasons I have mentioned. I give all mods kudos for their dedication.

Quote:
We don't usually get involved in sales. It is up to each member to know who they are dealing with and proceed with caution.

That said, if we see agreegious misuse of our forum (BST or otherwise) we'll take action.

BTW, moving this to the feedback section as I think it is more fitting to be there.

Thank you for the fast responce. I just learned something new
smile.png

You are so right! It is all about the members... but remember, every single moderator is just a member like the rest of us. They've simply proven themselves to be level headed with a love of the community and have been given a little bit more power / responsibility.

BTW, knowing that moderators are just members is why my number one rule for moderators = Have fun! Without that, what's the point for any of us to be here?

I am so glad you said that. I was hoping that none of the moderators would lose the joy of being on this site by being a moderator. Hopefully, the moderators would remember why they came to this site in the first place and not let a couple of bad apples steal their joy! So, if it isn't said enough...........thank you mods for all you do. Because, as a member I want you to know what a wonderful site this is. You are appreciated!​

If the moderators here didn't enjoy the forum they wouldn't be here at all. But it's the members that make this community what it is.

Personally I don't think we have any more POWER, than any other member here. The only difference is that when you press the "report button" you have aided the community at large and started a process. Then our part comes into play dealing with what ever issue has been raised. It is more of a team effort between members and mods, than mods being all powerful or all knowing.

Kurtis

Back
Top Bottom