How do people afford this?

Yep, that was exactly my scenario! It was $800/mo premium for the bronze plan which would equate to $6000 deductible after paying $9,600 in annual premiums, for a total annual investment of $15,600 before getting much benefit out of it!
What about for people that own their own businesses?

I don't get to stay home with my babies all the time, but I made a major career change. I was busy commuting an hour and a half 'climbing the corporate ladder'. I liked my job but I realized work isn't everything.
I found a job a half a mile away from my home working for a smaller company that values family time significantly more. I also get to spend my lunch hour with my babies now! We close at 5 so I'm home by 5:05 everyday. I took a little pay cut but it was totally worth it :)

^ Second this.

Presently the only one working in my household, but my wife finishes her Master's Degree this fall and should be at work next August (Teaching degree). My job pays well, but I put in a lot of hours. Have worked to cut down debt (basically only student loans presently) and am this week, taking a $20,000/yr pay cut to get more home time (and less mental stress). Like most - prioritizing. Making due with a $150 phone as opposed to a $1000 phone. Cutting cords (SlingTv or such in place of Cable, etc).

^ Second this.

Presently the only one working in my household, but my wife finishes her Master's Degree this fall and should be at work next August (Teaching degree). My job pays well, but I put in a lot of hours. Have worked to cut down debt (basically only student loans presently) and am this week, taking a $20,000/yr pay cut to get more home time (and less mental stress). Like most - prioritizing. Making due with a $150 phone as opposed to a $1000 phone. Cutting cords (SlingTv or such in place of Cable, etc).
I don’t even see why anybody uses cable or home phones anymore

With our crazy winter weather, hubby's 50 mile commutes, and my car prone to breaking down, along with my 28 mile commute, we find that the price of a track phone is worth the peace of mind it provides. Several weeks ago, the engine blew in my car. 5:00 Traffic on the interstate. Without a cell phone to make connection with hubby and son (who I was on my way to babysit for) I'd have been up a creek without a paddle.

Back
Top Bottom