How do people keep silkies clean?!

NineChickens

Songster
May 23, 2017
I can't even keep my normal feathered girls clean! They're always out even when it rains and takes lots of dust, sometimes slightly mud, baths. I see so many pictures of silkies that are all clean. I told myself I'd never own one because she'd look messier than a duck! Just a random question

White silkies are the worst. I have a roo, and he is yellowish, and stained with poo sometimes. I'd say a warm, gentle bubble bath, on a sunny, warm day.
I gave my last silkie roo a bath and he almost drowned because he stuck his head underwater, so be careful.

It’s really not that hard in my opinion and experience to keep Silkies clean. Firstly because of their unique feathering they are prone to getting chilled if they get wet. So don’t let them out when it’s wet outside and they’ll remain clean and cuddly balls of fluff.

It’s really not that hard in my opinion and experience to keep Silkies clean. Firstly because of their unique feathering they are prone to getting chilled if they get wet. So don’t let them out when it’s wet outside and they’ll remain clean and cuddly balls of fluff.

Where I live it rains almost 24/7 So I think I'll stick to my plan and leave the silkies to everyone else ;)

Once in a while, we will give our white silkies a bath in the sink. They love it and they love the blow dryer. It’s like a spa day

I clean my silkies feet off in the sink and then give them a blow dry .... they aren’t allowed outside after a downpour !

Back
Top Bottom