How do u de-junk your body??

erthymom2

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
I want to start a-new to get healthy and dump all this junk out of my body to start with. Some folks have called it detoxing and flushing out your system? I feel so sluggish and bloated all the time and never have any energy. I know i have no health problems - just have been eating all the wrong things and not caring about the effects...so, any advice or thoughts??

Quote:
Eat plenty of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water. I make sure I have 8 8 oz glasses of water each day before I even have a diet soda. Lean meats, fish. Focus on the stuff you LIKE so you will be able to stick to it.

You can go to a health food store and look at the variety of body cleansing systems. About twice a year I do an herbal body cleanse. The one I use has two different types of capsules. You start with one of each in the morning and one of each in the evening, then increase to two, three and so on. There are other types as well. You just need to take a look and see which ones are best for your situation and daily routine.

Take a nice sauna
cool.png
Then you can sweat out any toxins that may be floating around
tongue.png

I only eat natural foods. No processed foods at all. I drink lots of water and fresh fruit juices. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Good ol deer meat (very good for you IMO) and I run 2 miles a day. My hubby says Im playboy material
roll.png
cool.png
So I keep it up just for that comment LOL It works for me and I feel alot better physically and mentally than when I did when I ate lots of junk and didn't excersise. I am a healthy nut now and make my kids live like that too. Hopefully it will stick with them.

You can do it and you will find that little changes will make a big difference overall.

Quote:
Oops! I just read everyone else's responses and should add that healthy diet, plenty of water and exercise is a given. The total body cleanse is a "starting point". It will detox your body of the impurities that build up over time. I choose to cleanse several times a year because I know no matter how carefully I eat and exercise there are still toxic substances that will build up in my body.
There are some things that I absolutely will not eat under any circumstanses. My personal taboos include ANY fast food, soda and processed juices that are full of sugar. I eat cold cuts only very occasionally and I'm careful not to eat out too much. What I eat are mostly organic foods (when possible), and foods that are produced on my land (eggs, raw goat milk and products made from goats milk, veggies from my garden, natural artisan breads and pasta - mostly egg noodles). I avoid anything that is overly processed. That includes low cal or reduced cal foods.
You need to experiment and see what your body responds best to. For example, I found that fast food made me sluggish. Someone else may be fine with it. Listen to what your body tells you.
HTH!

Quote:
Oops! I just read everyone else's responses and should add that healthy diet, plenty of water and exercise is a given. The total body cleanse is a "starting point". It will detox your body of the impurities that build up over time. I choose to cleanse several times a year because I know no matter how carefully I eat and exercise there are still toxic substances that will build up in my body.
There are some things that I absolutely will not eat under any circumstanses. My personal taboos include ANY fast food, soda and processed juices that are full of sugar. I eat cold cuts only very occasionally and I'm careful not to eat out too much. What I eat are mostly organic foods (when possible), and foods that are produced on my land (eggs, raw goat milk and products made from goats milk, veggies from my garden, natural artisan breads and pasta - mostly egg noodles). I avoid anything that is overly processed. That includes low cal or reduced cal foods.
You need to experiment and see what your body responds best to. For example, I found that fast food made me sluggish. Someone else may be fine with it. Listen to what your body tells you.
HTH!

I thought I was the only one that quoted myself!
lol.png

I want to start a-new to get healthy and dump all this junk out of my body to start with.

I'm totally with you on this. I actually have a good background in "how to get healthy" but I have the problem of a serious lack of funds so I find it very difficult to buy the organic or healthier foods that we should be eating. So, I'd love to hear from others who eat healthy on a very itty bitty shoe string income.​

I don't know where all this "I need to detox" my body stuff came from. Well I do.... commercials. lots and lots of commercials telling you that you have 10-15 lbs of waste stored in your body. I want to know who these "experts" are! our bodies are perfect machines capable of quickly and efficiently ridding its self of "toxins".
Eat healthy food! believe it or not junk food is expensive!! fast food is expensive! eat more whole grains, fruit, vegetables etc. excess processed sugar will make you sluggish. it doesn't require a trip to the pharmacy to detox yourself. just a trip to the vegetable isle and the milk and egg isle. if you were to not go into any of the inner isles at the grocery store and just shopped the perimeter you would be eating more healthy. there is located fresh meat, cheese, vegetables, whole grain bread. in the middle isles is located all the "junk" food. chips, pasta, canned items and highly processed food.

just my 2 cents

edited for a lack of ability to spell....

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm totally with you on this. I actually have a good background in "how to get healthy" but I have the problem of a serious lack of funds so I find it very difficult to buy the organic or healthier foods that we should be eating. So, I'd love to hear from others who eat healthy on a very itty bitty shoe string income.

Raise it/Grow it yourself, learn how to can/freeze/dry
smile.png
Voila!

Back
Top Bottom