How do you cook bacon in the oven?

ninjapoodles

Sees What You Did There
11 Years
May 24, 2008
Central Arkansas
I am really wearing this forum out tonight!

Anyway, I'd like to be able to pre-cook large batches of bacon at one time, and I know I've seen people here talking about cooking it in the oven.

Anyone wanna divulge this method to me?

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a rack inside a baking sheet. Lay out slices and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on desired doneness level.

The only bacon I've ever cooked in the oven is Pig Candy and I do it wrong about half the time. Follow my directions at your own risk.
smile.png

Pig Candy:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Wrap a cookie sheet with foil (the sheet must have 4 sides to it so the grease doesn't drip in the oven)
Put a wire cooling rack on the cookie sheet and spray the whole deal with cooking spray.

Cut bacon strips into thirds. Lay out on the wire racks. Sprinkle the whole thing with dark brown sugar. Sometimes I sprinkle this whole thing with black pepper as well.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. It should melt all the sugar and fry the bacon at the same time. It is the best stuff you will ever put in your mouth. Do watch the baking time. It goes from great to burnt in about a nanosecond.

You'll need to make several pounds of this at a time. You will want to eat a pound of it yourownself and you'll need some to share.

I'm guessing if you just wanted bacon you could leave the sugar off and just bake it.

i use my big cooling rack from baking on top of a cookie sheet to allow the grease to drip away from the bacon

Back
Top Bottom