how do you feel about space exploration?

Rock on, TESLA! Whoohoo!!!!!
cool.png

I think that space exploration will be led by China. It's looking like China will be taking the lead from the US as the dominate power in the world. They will have the money and the resources. During the space race between 61 and 69 the US was the worlds leading producer and leader in technology. Now we are a consumer nation and do nothing but transfer money around. Sorry to say there isn't any money to explore dreams any more. We lost all that when we shipped our jobs overseas. We sure did do well for a while though. Number 1. I hope our leaders do something to change our current trade laws so we can be number 1 again. Then maybe we can go to Mars. That would be a 5 year round trip, including 500 days on Mars itself to wait for proper alignment for the trip back. I heard that on NPR today.

Unless they can actually prove cures for disease, or food for the hungary, I think they need to stay home at least until this country is back on track. I think about the billions and billions of dollars that has been spent on space and what it could do for the poor, weak and hungary (before someone jumps on the bandwagon, some people LIKE being lazy and not trying to help themselves, but there are genuinely good people out there desperately trying to help themselves and can't for lack of transportation, clothing, and education) here in OUR country, I just feel like its not doing us much good up there.

Quote:
Good point. Have you seen that picture of earth with all the trash around it like a halo? Pretty soon there will be so much trash that the space station will get taken out by trash.

geeks who farm are all for space exploration! fire it up NASA lets go!

who wouldnt love chickens in space?!!?!?

Whether you agree with the space program or not we would be pretty technologically backward without it. We all use items that were originally invented or improved for the space program daily. We need to do whatever it takes to drive technology and creates jobs. The money would be there if we just utilized it better. We pay irresponsible people who would not work if there life depended on it to reproduce everyday. That money should be better utilized. We waste loads of money on an unwinnable drug war daily. If the drug war ceased now the price of drugs would no longer be driven by that risk factor. Most dealers would quit because the big money would no longer be there. We need to better utilize that money.

Quote:
Most technological advances came about because of WAR, always has always will, but that is no excuse for war. Many of the advances claimed by NASA were actually researched for the purpose of war and adapted to space travel. Teflon being one of them, researched for a better protective coating on small arms, though nobody wants to tell anybody that. That black paint on the Mattel rifle was NOT paint. As for many of the tech advances I lived for decades without them with no problem, and so did many others. But then we had heat we could afford and food on the table, but I can see where some may think that is a luxury we can do without to fantasize about space. I am all for it in good times, these are not good times and it is just wrong to make children starve, freeze, and suffer for some entertainment.

The future of the human race will ultimately be in space. We can't stay on this rock forever. The Earth is just the beginning.

Quote:
Maybe the human race was not intended to go on forever. Does anyone think the human race will find peace in space? Why not find it here, and now? Put our money where it will do the most good for our future on our children, if space is in our future it is up to them to seek it. Robbing them of their future is not going to make for peace on earth or anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom