How do you get the mud (brown) out of your blues?

Today, there are enough blues.. back in the day most would cross a black or white on blues but yes.. some did use buffs if they had the type.. this was 15yrs ago.. I don't know what people are doing today as I have been out of Orphs, and show birds for a few years.
When I joined this board I was thrilled to see how much popularity the blue Orphs had gained..

The Blue Orpingtons are one of my favorite breeds and I can attest that you won't find any finer breeding stock than MissPrissy's and speckledhen's. I'm sure that Bama's are lovely too, beings that Cyn's (speckledhen's) rooster came from her stock. I will be hatching more blue's in the spring and this is exactly where my stock will be coming from. Just FYI!
smile.png

You couldn't pay me enough to show my birds! I absolutely will not compromise the health of my flock. My hats off to those who do show them, but after the summer I've had, my birds will never leave this property to be around other ones. NO WAY!

Here's a pic of one of my blue girls, even though she's probably a darker blue than what you're wanting. I only ended up with two dk. blue girls after my summer ordeal. No lighter blue's in my bunch.

DSC02554.jpg

Most people that show are very concerned about health and take extra care of not just thier show birds, but thier flocks. I for one don't mind paying for the judges oppinion.

Thanks for the pic of your hen.. how pretty.

Back
Top Bottom