How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
I live in the largest almond farming community in the west. And the price of almonds is through the roof here! Blue Diamond is my front yard. I don't do much with almonds because of that. I have no almond farmers in my family unfortunately. Peaches, walnuts and dairy is all my family farmed. Dang! :hit I live 25 miles outside a town with a store and we only have Raleys (big time expensive), Food Maxx, (better) and Walmart. No Trader Joes, I've never heard of Aldi. There is no Target, no IHOP, no ice cream store at all either. You have to drive an hour more if you want to buy clothes at Penny's, otherwise you are stuck with Walmart. I live in the Boonies! :hmm
My place is sixty miles from the nearest Walmart. We have a liquor store that has a little deli... Ive seen the case where they keep their meat... Shudder I buy food there that is prepackaged only if I am desparate.

There is a decent Restaurant and hotel. But when I move back there I am coming with a whole pantry of home canned food. I will be Raising up my poultry for eggs and meat... I am going to have to learn how to process meat birds... extra roos and guinea fowl as well as Muscovies. Muscovie is also the Other Red meat.

I have a blender that will do Almond flour and then cook it for almond milk... I am hoping it will also do Mesquite flour.

I am looking forward to eating my own eggs... I was up late as usual... now I am hungry...

deb

Aldi? Never heard of Aldi! Biggest food store chain in Germany! Was shocked to find them in Ohio about 17 years ago, while on a trip back home. Nothing wrong with living in the Boonies! Wish I was now!
Yes, I actually prefer living in the boonies! My nearest neighbor is 20 acres away from me! We own 20 acres and it's quiet here, I like that. We can have any livestock that we want here. In my research I found that Aldi is actually 2 brothers. One owns Trader Joes and the other one owns the Aldi grocery stores. Very interesting! It's a long way to town so lists are important, we have one going all the time! :clap

My dogs eat them raw :lol:
Yes! Once in awhile I drop and egg or one gets cracked and I give them to my boy Moki! He likes em! And they don't get wasted that way. We be smart!

Moki kasa small.jpg

Yes! Once in awhile I drop and egg or one gets cracked and I give them to my boy Moki! He likes em! And they don't get wasted that way. We be smart!

View attachment 1979709
Love his eyes. I've dropped several eggs and they always eat them. I give my shells back to the chickens so nothing is ever thrown away.

I thought you might live in almond country. Well, forget almonds & use walnuts - I like walnuts better anyhow! Must be nice, at times, to be out "on the land" away from all things commercial. I know I sure would enjoy it!
I do use walnuts quite a bit! My family were all farmers, but Dad moved to the city just before I was born. I worked all my life to move back to the country, as I am a farmer at heart! I'd rather be here than in the city any day. I usually only leave my land every two weeks or so! I like it here! Here's my view.

lake oroville view sept 22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom