How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
I do use walnuts quite a bit! My family were all farmers, but Dad moved to the city just before I was born. I worked all my life to move back to the country, as I am a farmer at heart! I'd rather be here than in the city any day. I usually only leave my land every two weeks or so! I like it here! Here's my view.

View attachment 1979712
WOW THAT IS QUITE A VIEW!! As a flat-lander Floridian I am always so wowed by mountains! I live in suburbia and only leave my house every 10 days or so because I prefer the feathered & fured better. Used to be able to say the four-legged variety, but then ... well chickens came along. Thanks for sharing!

my backyard
successlake.JPG

He want a GF, I have one for him :lol: this is blue-footed booby, she is named after a bird that we saw on a documentary. She had a sibling, but unfortunately something got her or she got lost in the woods, we have no idea.

She's my favorite chicken outside. She likes to hang out with the chicks that I just hatched because they don't pick on her and she's bigger than them:gig
View attachment 1979878
So pretty! What kind is she?

How do I render it down?

I'd love to learn for when I butcher some ducks.
I do mine at very low temp in a pot on the stove. You'll know its done when all that is left are the cracklins' (don't toss those- sprinkle with salt & enjoy those crunchy morsels of carb-free goodness). You can also do in a crock-pot again low & slow. Then strain through a few layers of cheesecloth, coffee filter, paper towel, whatever you have. I store in jars in my freezer. I have chicken (schmaltz), pork (lard) & beef (tallow). All separate jars of course.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom