how do you like your eggs?

man. i wish my lazt chickens would lay some eggs, i am stuck with cruddy store bought eggs. 24 weeks today. ugh. this thread made my mouth water like crazy!

A very tasty preparation that I rarely get to enjoy (BF doesn't like it) is to fill a large, deep saute with homemade tomato sauce, use any herbs you like, then make little dips in the surface of the sauce with a spoon and crack in a couple of eggs per person (one per dip). The eggs poach beautifully in the tomato sauce and it's superb served with either crusty bread or a simple, sauceless pizza.
I just made a lovely raw egg eggnog with lots of liquor. I've never made it before and thought it would be undrinkable when I smelled it. After curing in the fridge for a few hours, you couldn't taste the alcohol at all.
I also made a challah bread using many eggs. I highly recommend this as a way to use eggs. It's easy and delicious.
I could go on and on and on. I love cooking and eggs!!!

Kinnip - do you have a recipe you can post in the recipe section for that challah bread?
droolin.gif

can you pm me with that eggnog? never made it before...i suppose i could make a virgin one too...my kids love egg nog.

me,
g

Back
Top Bottom