How do you name your chickens?

That’s nice of you! I think I would refuse to name my birds, just in case! I don’t need a bad association with my friend’s name because of a jerk chicken!
At first I flat out refused for fear that she'd turn out to be a roo or that something awful would happen to her lol, but I caved. I didn't assign a name to ANY of them officially until they were 6 weeks old 😊

Newbie or not I think you'd do fine, they really are very nice guys.
I wouldn't have two if they wern't, not a fan of pretty and mean.:)
I have to admit there's a part of me that was hoping one of our faverolles would end up a roo because I've heard they are awesome, but I suppose it's best that, as a newbie, I start out with hens and see how it goes 💜

I can't believe so few folks name after family and freinds, especially since it adds so much entertainment value.
For instance I have one named after my mother in law, that means I get to say stuff like Marlene you've got such a poopy bottom,time to trim it since you don't bathe properly.
Or uh oh Marlene,you've got bugs!
And my favoriate, Marlene stop biting your sisters on the butt!
I get to scold a few BYC members for laying eggs in weird places and wrap them in towels while cutting their toenails.
Im fairly immature,but it just cracks me up.🤗

Sorry I had a small window from it being 100 degrees (record high yay...) to a having a severe thunderstorm rolling in, but I have a few! They’re six weeks I think and I believe this is my less shy one

View attachment 2179099
View attachment 2179100
View attachment 2179101
Wow! Yours are much more dark in color than mine. I can’t get over the difference in their coloring. Here is a picture of Matcha. She is the largest of my 5 week old Cream Legbars. I think on one pic she is in flight and the other she is on the heater posing. The second she is getting ready to fly on top of their perch. All the ones lighter in color are Legbars in both pics. I have two flower hens that have really white tummies and yellow on their heads
66D3BE53-90B7-41AB-8A5D-7EB12F307530.jpeg

Attachments

• C0A54683-7F47-41A3-86BA-15A5EE1A6A1F.jpeg
    C0A54683-7F47-41A3-86BA-15A5EE1A6A1F.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 2
I can't believe so few folks name after family and freinds, especially since it adds so much entertainment value.
For instance I have one named after my mother in law, that means I get to say stuff like Marlene you've got such a poopy bottom,time to trim it since you don't bathe properly.
I get to scold a few BYC members for laying eggs in weird places and wrap them in towels while cutting their toenails.
Love it! Lol! Too funny! A marvelous idea!

Lol, that’s great! I’m just not a fan of two beings in my life with the same name. It can get confusing. Growing up my grandmother and my family both had dogs named Baby and I’d rather avoid it for myself, but if it works for you that’s great!

Wow! Yours are much more dark in color than mine. I can’t get over the difference in their coloring. Here is a picture of Matcha. She is the largest of my 5 week old Cream Legbars. I think on one pic she is in flight and the other she is on the heater posing. The second she is getting ready to fly on top of their perch. All the ones lighter in color are Legbars in both pics. I have two flower hens that have really white tummies and yellow on their heads View attachment 2180444
You’re look younger than 5 weeks. Mine looked much more feathered at that age. At least I’m pretty sure. Mine were that color tho when they still had their down. The feathers I can see on the wing do seem to match the shade of my girls

Sometimes I name them for their personality and other times I name them some super crazy name for the heck of it. I had a silkie named support beam and I have a day old Serama named Cabbage. I named a Japanese bantam water tower as well. I really just think of a name and it sticks. The more crazy the better.

Back
Top Bottom