HOW do you show chickens?

Quote:
This link is a great place to start. However, it is important to note that you are not to do anything inside your birds cage after "coop in" time.

Quote:
This link is a great place to start. However, it is important to note that you are not to do anything inside your birds cage after "coop in" time.

I'm sorry. I don't believe I understand your last statement. You are more than welcome to do anything inside your bird's cage until judging begins.

Quote:

I'm sorry. I don't believe I understand your last statement. You are more than welcome to do anything inside your bird's cage until judging begins.

Agreed, although I am not sure exactly what one does in the bird's cage? Unless we're talking about adding shavings, food or water, or taking your bird out for last minute grooming, or showing it to another exhibitor to discuss its merits.

The exhibitor is allowed to be in the aisle with his/her birds...to groom, feed, water, clean pens,... up to the time the judge(s) and clerk come down that aisle to judge. You may stand in the next aisle over to observe the judging without any distractions to the judging. At least that's the way it's been at the shows I've shown at for the last 40 years. If some shows are different...then please correct me....something new...
hmm.png

Quote:
Which are all things we love to do!
big_smile.png

Pyncheon Guy, that's what I'm used to as well. I have seen one show where 2 aisles down were "roped off" but usually the judge is so intent on the bird he does not notice the crowd.

Quote:
Yeah--at Shawnee an exhibitor came over and monopolized the judge's time for a good half hour while he was in the middle of judging silkies. BTW she exhibits a different featherlegged breed. All the silkie breeders present at the time were STEAMED! We finally went and got a show official to come intervene. Judgng earlier in the day had the aisles blocked off with boards. We were not so lucky--the boards had disappeared by the time we were judged.

Back
Top Bottom