How do you slaughter your ducks?

AmaiahTH

Chirping
Jun 13, 2020
I have to cull my first ducks this week and have 0 experience with slaughtering any kind of animal.

I've been reading up and watching videos with regards to how to best slaughter ducks, and most seem to recommend coning. I'm however pretty worried that I somehow mess up and he doesn't die as I have no experience with how and where to slice, so it seems easier to just cut the head off at once.

Any advice on how to do it the first time? I want to make sure it goes smoothly, especially with my SO still not being entirely comfortable with the idea, is just beheading the easiest way to go or are there any downsides to it that I might be missing?

Thanks!

I have to cull my first ducks this week and have 0 experience with slaughtering any kind of animal.

I've been reading up and watching videos with regards to how to best slaughter ducks, and most seem to recommend coning. I'm however pretty worried that I somehow mess up and he doesn't die as I have no experience with how and where to slice, so it seems easier to just cut the head off at once.

Any advice on how to do it the first time? I want to make sure it goes smoothly, especially with my SO still not being entirely comfortable with the idea, is just beheading the easiest way to go or are there any downsides to it that I might be missing?

Thanks!
I say to just cut their head off. Same with Chickens. They die in an instant, but be careful, as they do still “move around” once you kill them.

By the way, I don’t kill chickens/ducks, my parents do.

Take it slow. Find the jugular veins on either side of the neck. Cut off the head completely. Take a few breaks to cry.

I slice the jugular and bleed them out I just did pekins few weeks ago as I only wanted two and was forced to buy 6 so me and a friend processed 4 and they took the meat as was way to much for me.

Back
Top Bottom