How do you store all of you feed?

Hoover67

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Huntsville
I am overwhelmed with animal feed! :eek: I am trying to find a solution for storing all of our feed in our garage.... dog, cat, fish, bird seed, finch seed, gamebird feed, chicken feed!

How do you store it? I was looking at these for our bigger feeds and the smaller size for the smaller feed. Does anyone have any suggestions? (I hate to think of the costs of these feeds!!!! I really want something that will not take up so much floor space. I thought that these would stack.

http://www.amazon.com/Bergan-Stack-...4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1221495486&sr=8-4

Bergan Stack-n-Stor 100 Food Storage and Dispenser

Thanks!
Please don't tell my neighbors that we have so many animals!!!

we store our animal feed in our animals, mostly!
lol.png

i have some of those stack-n-stores. they are okay. mostly i use rubbermaid tubs for everything. tighter seal.
it really depends how fast you go through the feeds. the stack-n-stores store moisture!

I use trash cans with tight fitting lids. They are perfect for 50 lb bags of feed! For the smaller portions of feed I buy(like for my rabbits) I use the square rubbermaids because they are stackable.

I use 5 gallon buckets with lids. I keep one in the coop, and when I need another, I grab another from the shed. Keeps the mice out too.

I use 10 gallon metal garbage cans. Racoons can chew through the plastic ones. I also found 55 Gal food grade barrels that I store the bulk stuff. I found Purnia Flock Raiser and Layena really cheap at the CO-OP in Brighton, CO. We're talking $2.70 cheaper than the cheap feed store that sells it for about $3.00 cheaper than the big farm store. Plus they give another 2% off if you buy 10+ bags. So we stock up when we get down that way so I store that in the 55 gal drums.

BTW, got the drums for $10 each from a honey producer. Killer deal.

Our outside dog food is kept in galvanized trash cans. Inside, dog food is kept in a metal trash can with a foot pedal. Scratch and laying crumbles is kept in a plastic container w/casters and sealing hinged lid. Sunflower seeds and bird feeds are kept in 5 gallon buckets with lids.

Raccoons eat through plastic cans here and can pretty easily open the tops. We use various sizes of galvanized metal cans. We store the goat's hay on a shelf in their shed. They can reach the edges but cannot eat too much of it.

You might chceck your local walmart, the walmart close to me has ones very similair that are A LOT cheaper they are over by the hampers. I was thinking about using these as nest boxes before I got my big 6 hole box. I know that ACE hardware also carries these or another brand and they are cheaper, I think.

Back
Top Bottom