How do YOU store your eggs?

Because we dont have anything but a tiny and I mean tiny window air unit. Our house is 1400sq and the unit is rated for 150sqft. We are what most people call poor or hillbilly or white trash take your pick. We try to keep our electric bill as small as possible. We also heat 100% with wood and have no other source of heat. Welcome to the Ozarks.
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Because we dont have anything but a tiny and I mean tiny window air unit. Our house is 1400sq and the unit is rated for 150sqft. We are what most people call poor or hillbilly or white trash take your pick. We try to keep our electric bill as small as possible. We also heat 100% with wood and have no other source of heat. Welcome to the Ozarks.
As a fellow hillbilly, I can honestly say that There’s a certain Banner of Honor to those close to the earth! When the SHTF, all these citified folks will want to know our ways!

As a fellow hillbilly, I can honestly say that There’s a certain Banner of Honor to those close to the earth! When the SHTF, all these citified folks will want to know our ways!
Its not easy at all to live how we do. But its hard in a different way. I would rather fight with repairing 3 point hydraulics on a tractor than sit in any type of traffic. I would split cords of wood to not hear thumping bass. Just a different life.
not too many of those here in greenwich ct.

we’ll tell the neighbors you’re part of the staff.
Yeah. I do not think I would thrive in Ct. Way to many rules.

Its not easy at all to live how we do. But its hard in a different way. I would rather fight with repairing 3 point hydraulics on a tractor than sit in any type of traffic. I would split cords of wood to not hear thumping bass. Just a different life.

Yeah. I do not think I would thrive in Ct. Way to many rules.
Re: hydraulics & wood: been there! Still there! We are reclusive, like it like that. Recently discovered Instacart - life is good! I wouldn’t trade the hillbilly life for anything. Close to the earth, close to God. Doesn’t get better then that!

So, about egg storage. I gather eggs daily and stick them in the fridge. Once a week I wash them. I don't just rinse them. I fill up a sink with warm water, a spot of Dawn dish soap and a "splurp" of Clorox bleach. I put a dozen eggs in my egg basket, and quickly dunk them in the soapy water. Then I rinse them under running water, wiping any actually dirty ones with a paper towel. I lay them out on a clean white dish towel and let them air dry, then put them in cartons to sell the next day. Some of them I retain for my family's use. But I only wash them just before sale. Shrug, I don't know why, that's just the way it works best for me. So they are refrigerated right from the beginning. I wash them because I don't trust the customers to do it right and I don't want anybody getting sick from my eggs and blaming me.

Back
Top Bottom