how do you treat a rooster

Quote:
I let my roosters keep their distance. Better to have a rooster that keeps his distance than one that is so comfortable around people he thinks it's okay to attack.

AAwwww !!!! I'mmm tellin
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
tongue2.gif
The Huggers are gonna be mad at you hehehehe.

I'm a hugger from the gitgo, but I hug my hens and leave my roosters to do their job. They ignore me and I ignore them and we get along just fine.
smile.png

i have three, and they are pretty mellow. since i go out into their environment often, if i sit after feending them they arent shy about coming over. let me scoop them up and carry them around for a bit. always cracks me up because everyone freezes to watch and see if I turn into a crazed chicken killer. sometimes they will hop up and sit for a.short time. what i think is hysterical is whenever i walk through their area, if i dont acknowledge to the head rooster that he is the best and lavish attention on him, he acts like a puppy wanting to play. gets into my line of site...then s l o w l y walks away pretending heim not there....crowing the whole time. then if i try to go over to him, he keeps walking away. the other two younger roosters only crow after he does, and only if he is fffffaaaarrrr away from them.

Back
Top Bottom