How do your ducks react when they hear fireworks??

Roxy1989

Songster
9 Years
Jul 5, 2010
my 2 ducks stay quiet thru all the really loud bangs...it scares me abit and i have to go out and check on them incase the shock has been too much for them! is that stupid of me
hmm.png

the first lot of fireworks around halloween/bonfire night last year they were really unsettled and i had 2 go sit in their run and talk 2 them to calm them down!

its just weird because any noise if we go into the yard makes them chatty, dont know if they're really scared or just used 2 them now?

Well when they hear something loud like that, their instinct will be to hide and stay quite to not alert the 'predator' to their location. My ducks so the exact same thing during hunting season.

Twice a year I always plan to be home- News years eve and some festival of something or other at a nearby church. Fireworks all night on both nights in an area where vacant land allows full sight of them from my front door. The ducks are always tucked up in the shed but the light does flash through the tops of the double doorways and windows enough to disturb them. They are very restless so I just sit with them at regular times throughout the evenings just to distract them a little. They dont seem at all stressed- but do get very chatty- but since the fireworks are much louder I dont worry about the noise level too much.

Quote:
Mine get REALLY quacky as well. They also don't like gun shots. They don't mind thunder for some reason-I think it's because when it thunders it RAINS and we all know how ducks feel about the rain.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom