How does the AOV class work?

Quote:
You would enter them as Lavender [Self Blue] which is an established colour. Since both breeds are accepted & the colour is recognized in other breeds they'd be judge on Ameraucana or Orpington type & Lavender [Self Blue]. colour. The highest thy could be placed would be BV singe the colour isn't recognized in that breed.
It's not a question of how NY Judges a bird it's about APA Show Rules. Look at the APA Show Rules and the recognized breed listings. Nowhere is AOV listed as an entry option.
Some fair list specific colours in their entry list but they may not lisy all recognized varieties for various reasons. They may then list an AOV entry option but this still needs to be a named variety. The class can't consist of Chocolate Spotteds, Blue Tailed Red & Buffs or any other odd cross that someone has produced. There's be no way to judge them.

Thank you for clearing that up! The Orpington & Ameraucana people are going to try to keep the variety named Lavender rather than Self Blue as far as I know, so that's how I'll enter them. I did know that the highest placement possible would be BV.

Better go order myself the APA SOP that I keep meaning to buy!

Ilia-- Determination & Tenacity are my middle names!
big_smile.png
I finally feel confident enough in my Lavender Project Orpingtons to exhibit and compete with them. My own black Orp girls would probably still beat them, even without the BV rule, but they are gorgeous.

seem like i keep adding aov to my flock solid black blue splash polish bantam and standard white crested cuckoo polish bantams showgirls lav americaunas

Quote:
White crested cuckoo bantams are an accepted variety by the ABA...so are the blues (non-white crested), come to think of it. (ETA: I'm talking about Polish, if it wasn't obvious.
tongue.png
)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom