How does your rooster crow?

Love this thread!!
clap.gif

I'm feeling jealous that I don't have a rooster - so how obnoxious are they really - would my neighbors hate me most awfully if I got a rooster?? I live on an acre, but neighbors are near. They have lived through Guinea noise, so is a rooster that much worse???

LOL, this is funny.
My one rooster sounded like a new years horn when he was learning. He stretches his neck so far, I'm waiting for him to pull a muscle. He still has a silly sounding crow for such a big guy. It's an errERRRerrrrrah

The little rooster sounds like he is a hoarse human actor trying to imitate the bigger roosters crow.

our RIR rooster goes, "arrr ar ar arr arrrr!!!"
gig.gif
sounds like cock a doodle doo but more like 'arr' sound. lol then he wheezes at the end sometimes. lol great post!
big_smile.png

OMG these are sooooooooooooo funny.
ya.gif
I am reading all of these just laughing until I have tears in my eyes.
lau.gif
hit.gif
I have had the giggles all night. My rooster has a ear piercing regular sounding crow but he does have the weezing at the end - what is that??? THANKS FOR A GREAT NIGHT.

I'm so glad that others have roosters with bizzare crows. I've never mentioned that Duke went through a stage where he sounded exactly like the theme song of "The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly" because I was embarassed for him. Now he has a very loud, proud, regular sounding crow. Poor Bobby Lee sounds like a squeaking wheel though - and he really strains to get out each syllable - EE ER EE ER EEEEEE

Here's a 2 second clip of Duke's very first screech, errrr crow, at 6 weeks old:

Poor guy - he was so proud of that I actually hid my face to laugh.

Penny

Last edited:
LOL My Frizzle has a decent enough crow for a little guy. My Silkie struggles
tongue.png
His sounds very hoarse and lacks a syllable LOL The Captain (Golden Sebright) has a very nice little crow and I think I enjoy his the most
smile.png
Tied for first in my La Fleche roo... though he rarely crows... it's a mellow, howl kinda crow.... you definitely know when he's crowing. And last but not least is the only other crowing roo... my Lav d'Uccle Korben..... his needs a LOT of practice
wink.png
Sometimes it's so bad he just drops off halfway through...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom