How far back do you go?

On my moms side - Scandinavia early 1500's. Dads side - Ireland late 1800's. Don't know why they stopped there and I haven't taken the time to look any deeper.

We've got Booth in there somewher ,but I didn't dig too far. Lincoln was my fav pres, even though Thomas Jefferson was my uncle. I would be sad.
sad.png

I can trace back to 1560 on the furthest one, most of them I can only trace back to the 1800's

I am also related to those from Salem "fame".

Did you know that after the whole mess was done, that Henry Kinne's son married Rebecca Nurse's granddaughter - and Henry was one of those who signed the warrant on Rebecca Nurse?

Now THAT is some kind of forgiveness!!!

I am stuck, however, on my grandfather's family. There is a severe lack of Karrars in the world (unless you go to the middle east, and they aren't from there, Swiss, I think -- anabaptists).

ETA _ I can't prove it yet (still researching) but if I can link my GG Grandfather to the line, I can trace back further, to Felix Stambach in 1270 or some such)

meri

Last edited by a moderator:
fl.gif
Good luck. It can be so frustrating to hit a wall I have about 5 grandmothers I can't get past the mid 1800's. My Viking lines are hardest for me because of the way they did names, and alot of inbreeding, 1/2 bros and sis and such. Very confusing. Ancestry is an excellent resource for overseas research, so is myheritage.com.
thumbsup.gif

On my side, we go back to the 1300's and beyond ~ turns out there are a lot of royals in that line ~ which incidently explains a lot of stuff ~ like bad teeth, red hair, a few complete nuts, etc. ~ lol ~ my mom likes to tease that it all stems from so much dang inbreeding ~ the royals were so very famous for marrying their own, to * keep it all in the Family * you know. :-D (Back when kissing cousins was a true ~& truly scary, oftentimes!! ~ state of affairs, lol )

On my husband's side, we have only managed to get back to about 1500's ~ due to the fact that his people are what are called Converso's. That is, they were originally Jewish, but were at one point in the 1500's coerced rather strongly (upon death of self, and all family, to completely wipe out an entire family line) to profess Catholicism. In fact, my husband's last name *Garcia* apparently means *Rabbi Abraham* in Hebrew! With this in mind, however, it has been very difficult to go much past the 1500's. We have traced his ancestry back to Cortes & the New World. In fact, there is a new translation out of a book written by Juan Bautista Chapa in the 1600's ( & edited by William C Foster), called "Texas & Northeastern Mexico, 1630 - 1690." This Juan Bautista Chapa is a direct relation to My husband, so it is really fascinating to read about their lives back then! There is a lot of mention of other family names & relationships as well as about their meeting the native Texans & Mexicans, which were comprised of many many Indian tribes, AND it gives the names of 84 of these tribes and sometimes mentions key people within the tribes, the general areas in which they lived, and some small information regarding each.
~Red

Colonel Peter Jefferson was a workaholic (so that's where we get it) The snobby, bousgie stuff definitely the royals. Stubborn I'm in charge Native blood.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom