How far have you driven for chickens

Went from Florida to just above Biloxi, Mississippi to pick up bantam cochins the day a hurricane hit Mississippi. About 7 hours but we had a blow-out on the way and had to find someplace to get a new tire.
barnie.gif
It wasn't raining when we got there but started pouring as we were putting the cages in the car. Drove home in torrential rains.

But anything I do with my daughter is fun...and I'd do it again just for the time with her!!

I just drove 16 hours one way to a poultry show, and brought birds back from it (the Northeastern Congress Show in MA, and I'm in KY.) Does that count?

wink.png

It wasn't very far but I had to take a couple of ferry rides in my quest to get some birds and it took a total of 7 hrs.
The total milage was about 80 miles only.
Is there something in that?

umm maybe 35 minutes lol We really have a lot of chicken people here locally and I live in Roanoke Va so we are centrally located! I got my "big" girls about 10 minutes from home! lol

Well we didnt drive but my elderly MIL and my Brother in law brought me my 4, 5, 6th chickens from Quebec....about 6 1/2 hours away .....if my husband had the patience I could still bring some more home ....

May of last year I drove solo from Hollywood, SC to Dover, DE and back, 2 days, for 13 Delaware Blue Hen chicks. Took forever with all the construction and bridge closures. Total driving time about 27 hours- and the little stinkers STILL aren't laying!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom