How far have you driven for chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by THough1956, Jan 20, 2010.

1. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

So, I drove 3 1/2 hours this past weekend to purchase some silkies. How far have you all gone JUST to get chickens.

[​IMG]

2. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll be driving 3 hours round trip in a couple of weeks to pick up some.... I hope at least that it doesn't fall through.

3. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    4 hours one way!! [​IMG]
    I had a gal that drove 8 hours one way last year to get some chicks from me. That was crazy, still hard for me to believe!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  4. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    6 hours one way. Of course when you live in Texas you can drive all day long and never get out of the state!

5. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

I drove from High Point, NC to Mt. City, TN 3 1/2 each way. Beautiful scenery though. That is how I talked DN into taking me. And I had to buy some after driving that far.

Quote:

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So far, only an hour one way.

But I've had folks drive 3 hours to get hatching eggs from me.

7. Tonya

Tonya Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Broken Bow, Oklahoma
    2 1/2 one way and they were worth it so cute.

8. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    when I was in college I made a road trip that was pretty long....6 hours from Minnesota to Illinois, then after leaving there I had to drive the birds back to the farm which was another 9 hours (did this all in one day). Then the next day had another 6 hours to drive back from the farm to college.

On another occassion I drove from Minnesota to Indianapolis for a show, brought home a bunch of birds to Nebraska so I think that part of the trip was 14 hours...that week we put A LOT of miles on the car cause it was Thanksgiving. So after dropping the birds off in Nebraska we went back to Minneapolis the next day, then to Waterloo Iowa the next day, then back to Nebraska the next day, then back to Minneapolis the next day. [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Seven and a half, one way. Like Texas, in FL you can drive all day and never leave the state......Pop

10. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    About three hours, my father however has driven 9!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by