How far have you driven for chickens

THough1956

Songster
11 Years
Nov 13, 2008
High Point North Carolina
So, I drove 3 1/2 hours this past weekend to purchase some silkies. How far have you all gone JUST to get chickens.

lol.png

4 hours one way!!
smile.png

I had a gal that drove 8 hours one way last year to get some chicks from me. That was crazy, still hard for me to believe!

Last edited:
6 hours one way. Of course when you live in Texas you can drive all day long and never get out of the state!

when I was in college I made a road trip that was pretty long....6 hours from Minnesota to Illinois, then after leaving there I had to drive the birds back to the farm which was another 9 hours (did this all in one day). Then the next day had another 6 hours to drive back from the farm to college.

On another occassion I drove from Minnesota to Indianapolis for a show, brought home a bunch of birds to Nebraska so I think that part of the trip was 14 hours...that week we put A LOT of miles on the car cause it was Thanksgiving. So after dropping the birds off in Nebraska we went back to Minneapolis the next day, then to Waterloo Iowa the next day, then back to Nebraska the next day, then back to Minneapolis the next day.
lol.png
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom