How fast does digestion occur? There's a PEARL EARRING in my Dominique

Quote:
That's a good question. If it comes out her bumm there is no way it will go back in the ear. Although it may go on display of "Chicks eat the darnest things." If we take it from her gizzard the possibility would be there, however remote. For some reason, being next to excrement = yuck but being next to food = not as yuck.

We were talking about having the other (non-eaten) pearl be placed as a necklace but a ring sounds good too. Another thought would be to make the Dominique a fashionable piece of jewelry like a pearl jacket so we can keep the set as a pair.
lol.png

You won't wear the pearl out of her bum, but you'll eat the egg????
There is something really ironic about that.....
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Yup, however ironic it is, I couldn't wear it. I also don't think I'd place a freshly laid egg next to my face either.

If you did wear it, it would be a cool before & after set to illustrate what happens in a chickens craw....

"On the right, we have a pearl pulled from the mucus center of an oyster.
On the left, we have the matching pearl after being digested by a chicken and sanitized of the splort."

Quote:
Yup, however ironic it is, I couldn't wear it. I also don't think I'd place a freshly laid egg next to my face either.

If you did wear it, it would be a cool before & after set to illustrate what happens in a chickens craw....

"On the right, we have a pearl pulled from the mucus center of an oyster.
On the left, we have the matching pearl after being digested by a chicken and sanitized of the splort."

You said splort!

I butchered a turkey once and there was a 6 penny nail in his gizzard. I don't think your ear ring will ever be seen again:(

Last edited:
Well, I picked up all the poo last night (which is usually a daily occurance) from their coop & free-range area. (And, yes, had rubber gloves on before anyone asks) No pearl found when squeezing the poo's. It was very interesting though. Didn't know that their poo feels like a hairball in a cat. Is that from the grass they eat? Yuck.

Dom (AKA Pearl) seems to be just fine. I'm sure we'll go 'fishing' for the pearl when she bites the dust...

Back
Top Bottom