8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
Salmon Faverolle
Easter Egger
Barred Rock
Wyandottes
and Silkies

Oh, and also Lavender Orpingtons.

Also, if you got standard breeds like Barred Rocks and Easter Eggers, AND you got one bantam silkie, would it be picked on, do you think?
Thank you!

Last edited:
In order by my experience:

Silkie
barred rock
salmon faverolle (have not had them long though)
EE
Wyandotte

Silkies tend to go off and do thier own thing they seem to not be competative.

We have Barnevelder Bantams - not on your list - but they are very friendly and easy to handle. We can't get over how different they are from our Light Sussex hens. I think we got spoiled with our Barnevelders!

Silkies- Very very friendly

Easter egger- In my experience all mine have been flighty and aggressive

Barred rock- Very friendly. Mine have been very curious too.

Wyandottes- I have no experience with this breed

Salmon Favorelle- I have not had this breed but i have heard they are very friendly

Lavendar Orpingtons- no experience but have heard orpingtons are friendly

Salmon Faverolle and Silkies--- I have no experience
Easter Egger--- Fairly friendly. Some seem slightly gamey. Over all I have not had a human aggressive EE.
Barred Rock--- Very curious and friendly
Wyandottes--- I have only had roosters, but mine have been very calm and friendly.

I Think It depends on the Bird
D.gif
, the rank
cool.png
( In Pecking Order ) and the Love
love.gif

Silkies don't know. I have heard they are nice

Faverolles are very nice with people and other birds. very sociable. The bantams are very small though and if you have other birds that have a tendency to pick I don't know how well they would fair. So sweet and docile I was able to put 6 week old babies in with a 7 month old roo and 5 month old roo, and two 5 month old pullets and everyone got along great.

EE- one of my EE seems to be the smartest bird I own and one of the only birds I have that will jump up in my lap. I have two other EEs though that are good and sweet birds but will run from you if you try to pick them up. Good with other birds but, not so docile that I would trust a grown EE with a baby. I hope that helps paint a picture

Orpingtons 1 out of the 4 Orpingtons I have will jump up in your lap another will let you pick it up. They are good with other birds but, I don't think they are docile enough to trust with 6 week old babies.

I do not have a wyandotte but, my neighbor does. She likes them but, she said they are not as sociable as her Orpingtons.

I don't know about barred rocks.

I think it is all personal choice. I love my Salmon Faverolles but, my one EE is my favorite.

Good luck

Each bird varies
wink.png

But overall with my experience, and this pertains to hatchery stock only, which of course most people are used to anyway -

Wyandottes are only friendly if in small groups or as maybe a hen or two. EE's are a mixed bag but generally great hens. Faverolles are always sweeties, same as Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom