How frequently changing bedding?

that is not enough room.
if you're going to cage a bird, a wire bottom so poop can go through. A coop is where they sleep. A run is where they move around. A cage is where they live out their life captured.
Okay noted, will make a cage for the to live out.
Do they have a window, or a light of some sort?
It's hard to tell from the way the pictures are taken, but you wouldn't want them to spend all day in the dark.
Nope, its not dark here, there is window and my chickens get enough light :)

I am an empiricist.

I change bedding when it looks dirty and/or starts to smell. :)

Because your coop is extremely small it will probably need very frequent changings, possibly daily. How much ventilation do you have?
I have 1 large window for the ventilation :)

Fwiw, part of the joy of Seramas is that it’s easy to keep them as house pets—as in, uncaged entirely except for sleeping. I worked at a bookstore that had pet bantams that just wandered around—they were very sweet and cuddly with both staff and customers and it was common to see them sharing a sunny armchair with one of the bookstore cats (this is Wild Rumpus Books in Minneapolis btw). I often had one either following me around or snuggled on my chest in a sling while I worked. You can get little bloomers for them so they don’t poop everywhere. Really to have Seramas kept in a 2x2 (!!!) cage nearly all day is not only terribly cruel but also an enormous lost opportunity for YOU to have a potentially really special pet experience. This is of course if you don’t already have a cat or dog or parrot or other animal that might attack the chickens. But in any case they REALLY need to be out and about in some larger space. Good luck and I wish both you and your birds well.

Back
Top Bottom