How is your flock today?

Pics
Very good, spoiled with treats and we got a new rooster a while ago who seems to have skipped the whole nasty teenager stage. He is a sweet, gentle baby who calls the girls to treats and doesn't eat himself until they are bored <3
Hello, Thanks for posting and letting us know your flock is doing good. :) Glad to hear your new Roo is being nice to you and his new girls. What breed is he, any pics to post?

I just seen this link posted in another thread here in BYC. It's about a human who stole some chicken's from a coop and it was caught on camera. I have a padlock on my coop.

https://www.wafb.com/2021/01/25/cau...ens-backyard-coop-new-orleans/?outputType=amp
That video was craziness! That SOB took all six of his chickens. I hope they catch the thief and give him the max. That was awesome the guy had a camera to catch it all on tape. Four legged predator's are bad enough little alone a two legged one, WOW!

Nothing wrong with a padlock, just keeps the honest, honest is all unfortunately. :( We have a large fenced yard and we always lock the walk through gate when ever we leave for any amount of time and a four wire electric fence on the outside of our fence if anything wants to try and climb over.

Thanks for sharing the news link. :)

That video was craziness! That SOB took all six of his chickens. I hope they catch the thief and give him the max. That was awesome the guy had a camera to catch it all on tape. Four legged predator's are bad enough little alone a two legged one, WOW!

Nothing wrong with a padlock, just keeps the honest, honest is all unfortunately. :( We have a large fenced yard and we always lock the walk through gate when ever we leave for any amount of time and a four wire electric fence on the outside of our fence if anything wants to try and climb over.

Thanks for sharing the news link. :)

Unfortunately, I think that we will be hearing about more of that going on with the situation's that many people are in now.

@jwehl Very Beautiful birds,:love thanks for sharing. :) Are Peacocks hard to raise? :confused:
They pretty much raise themselves :lau they sleep up like 60ft in trees so they're pretty safe from predators unless they're on nests. And we just let them go so the moms raise the babies and it's great. But we do lose a lot of them so maybe I'm not a good judge... I have no idea where the males go... but coyotes can get the hens on nests. They're more wild than chickens for sure. More like my game chickens. Smart, flighty, not naturally gunna be lap birds though they can get used to you and know you're the one that feeds them lol. But they're gunna back up if I try to pet them.

20210104_200846.jpg

though this happened unexpectedly one day

We had a trio of peacock's hanging around here the first year that I had chicken's. They liked to hang out by my chicken coop, and they roosted on the roof of it. All 3 of them vanished, but I don't know where they went or if something got them. I'm pretty sure that it was a breeding pair and a daughter of them.

We had a trio of peacock's hanging around here the first year that I had chicken's. They liked to hang out by my chicken coop, and they roosted on the roof of it. All 3 of them vanished, but I don't know where they went or if something got them. I'm pretty sure that it was a breeding pair and a daughter of them.
yeah I hope our missing ones have just moved on, but idk. I know they range outside our property so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom