How is your flock today?

Are you going to try it? :caf
Ya know, it is cool enough to but ah, probably and most likely not.
I'm kind of touchy with my fertile eggs. Like I have plans for them. I hate it if I drop or one gets broken. I don't even like giving or selling to unworthy people. Lol.
Though... maybe one day when I have too much time (lol) I may think about it.

My flock is doing great! Everything seems to have settled. No diseases, no issues, perfect.

Welsummers have started laying, OEs are laying, and the egg basket looks great! I will be deworming the flock soon too. Most of my girls are molting.
Hello and welcome to our little group. Glad to hear your flock is doing great and with no issues is always a good thing. :)

What a great bunch of amazing looking eggs, thanks for sharing. How many chooks do you have?

Last edited:
If you run out of room in your new incubator, you might be able to try something like this. You'd need a bigger water bottle for those duck egg's though.
My aren't you the funny one! LOL I think the 360 will be just fine and if I start to look for a bigger incubator I best have my head checked! :gig

Last edited:
Yeah, our local chicken guru is the same. I pay for trays in his incubator when I am feeling in a mega hatch mood. I load and then pull chicks out in 21 days. The end, he never looks, just let's nature run its course. Great hatch rates too! I actually enjoy it better then me "doing the work" because it is so beyond my control (and failure). My incubator only holds 20 and 20 is too cramped IMO. But I am glad to have the bator as my chicken keeping keeps evolving and I may start becoming more specific as opposed to hatching for my community during these more than odd times.
I am certainly no incubating expert and still have more to learn. I was very amazed my first two hatches turned out as well as they did given the older incubator I was using and all the small issues I had resolve along the 21 days.

I have read and see where people are always candling their eggs several times before they hatch. I personally don't see all that extra handling a benefit. I get the whole correct air cell size etc. but once you have your machine dialed in with the correct humidity, everything should take care of itself IMO and no reason to candle until lock down. Lock down until hatch is when you find out if everything was correct or not ?

From what I have read about the 360 and if all the eggs are fertile, a person should almost always have a high hatch rate with very little effort.

Just curious, do you ever have any of your hens go broody and hatch the chicks themselves?

Funniest thing happen this early morning when I was out feeding. One of the five pullets I kept back started to crow for the first time. I would have bet the farm she was a pullet and not a cockerel, just a late bloomer I guess. LOL :gig

Look what I get to snack on today! :ya :yesss:
Smoke T 01.jpg
Smoke T 02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom