How large is your music collection?

I have about 90GB of music
smile.png

Quote:
is that .wav files or .mp3s? I had a lot more gigs before I converted everything to mp3s...

I have a relatively small playlist compared to some of you guys
lol.png
I generally download songs I like as soon as I remember they exist, usually in groups of three or four. Over a year and a half I've managed to accumulate about 150 songs
tongue.png

It's such a complicated question anymore, isn't it. I haven't had vinyl in decades...or tapes. I have a bunch of old CDs and some stuff I downloaded a couple of years ago. Mostly now I rely on Pandora...

Quote:
is that .wav files or .mp3s? I had a lot more gigs before I converted everything to mp3s...

Mp3s

that's a bunch!
I was on a half terabyte drive and ran out of space... moved the music to a terabite drive and haven't filled it up yet... but I expect I will.

ep.gif
That's a lot of music, Christie and Gypsy!

At this rate, I think I'm going to have to get one of those larger memory sticks or even a hard drive for music. Do you all have any brands you like?

Quote:
don't have a preference for hard drives, I typically buy name brands, and I generally use all the same brand on one computer (I've got several)... that's a hangover from when some disk drives didn't play well on the same system as drives from other manufacturers. anymore I don't think it matters much, all the name brands are pretty good.

I buy the largest drive I can at the lowest price per gig, and stick with name brands.

I do have a preference for music databases though - I use MediaMonkey and I *love* it. let's me organize, reorganize, add all sorts of data that I can sort by or search on later... so for instance, not only do I have music in genres (rock, classical, international) I can add my own genres (hawaiian, rai, tribal/techno) or other data like style, beats-per-minute, recording label, as well as ranking (0-5 stars) and lots of other things.

Back
Top Bottom