How long are eggs fresh

I read in one of books that states to store them unwashed, point side down (To keep yolk in center) in a cool, dark, dry place. It said cool, but not chilled. Since they absorb from their surroundings to keep them away from strong smelling foods and soap products. For now I just store mine in the frig., but would like to try this to see if there is a difference in the taste.

Last edited:
I keep my eggs, collected daily, in a basket on the dining room table. I like to keep count on the daily "production" in the basket. At the beginning of the next day I transfer yesterday's eggs to an egg carton. By the time I have two egg cartons full someone is taking them or I am cooking with them. I used to be afraid of not putting them in the fridge but now the taste is amazing and everyone comments on their egg sandwich if they get one here.
lol.png
I don't tell them that I am also using Miss Prissy's homemade mayo on those great egg sandwiches. At least, Miss Prissy, taught me the basics as I now put together my own spices and it takes seconds to have thick rich real mayo. Yum!!! This is a great site!!!

Back
Top Bottom