How long does it take to curl all those feathers???

mom'sfolly :

I think this belongs on the Funniest Thing a City Slicker said thread. Very funny.

I do worry about someone who is teaching being that ignorant, though.

I wanted to say that too about this person teaching but I was a teeny bit afraid!
hide.gif
I would hope for a bit more thought process and common sense.​

I don't think seeing a frizzle and asking that question is ignorant. They are far and few between, not used in advertising like a "normal" chicken is, and pretty much only chicken people know what they are.

Don't worry about the teaching comment as long as it is left there, she is a homeschooling parent, not a public school teacher like me. I didn't consider her ignorant, but a little dim because when I tried to explain they come that way she didn't really believe me. I guess since they trim dogs for shows maybe she thought I curled my chickens? I do hope she is good at research though, she'll need it lol.

Quote:
I agree. And let's face it there probably people out there that would do that. People would do it a dog, so it's not that far out there to assume someone would do it to a chicken. I actually saw someone using a round brush and a blow dryer on their chicken at a show before coop-in getting their bird ready for show. Oddly enough at the time I didnt give it a second thought.

Quote:
I agree. And let's face it there probably people out there that would do that. People would do it a dog, so it's not that far out there to assume someone would do it to a chicken. I actually saw someone using a round brush and a blow dryer on their chicken at a show before coop-in getting their bird ready for show. Oddly enough at the time I didnt give it a second thought.

That's how you get a silkie ready for show. Us people do all kinds of strange things to our animals for show.

I do worry about someone who is teaching being that ignorant, though.

This forum is filled with questions like..can my chickens get wet, can my chickens eat worms, can my chickens eat grass, bugs, seeds, veggies,.......do I need a rooster for eggs, can I eat the brown eggs, can my children touch the chickens, can my chickens go outside, will my dog hurt my chicken, can we eat our chicken, how much do my chickens eat, and on and on and on.

Do a search for videos on you tube where public school kids and college students are asked questions most of us "should" know about our country..not knowing a chicken can have curly hair is the least of my schooling worries.​

Back
Top Bottom