How long from external pip to unzipping?

Wow! That’s amazing, so good for schools to be able to do that for children who otherwise wouldn’t get the opportunity (and for parents), I live/work on a farm estate , agriculture, not livestock any more, but the estate manager does tours for schools from the cities to show children where food comes from. They cover everything from bread, to bacon.
Letting your equipment out is such an unselfish thing to do 😍
It’s very rewarding to see how excited they get
I’m very hands on and help the teachers through the process as well

That’s a very important thing that they learn
Where food comes from and how hard farmers work to get it

I have had them hatch day 25-30
There are cold and hot spots in the bator
Under mom was day 30
At one school she would bring the eggs home on the weekend and the car ride got them hatching early day 25 ( was told the vibration can start things early )
But all babies were just fine and hatched fully absorbed and healthy
I still have the duck that hatched day 25 and he has never had an issue. Will be one end of may
I calibrate thermometers for inside and have learned to rotate the eggs around the bator to make things more even
I currently have two extra thermometers as I wasn’t sure I could trust the bator, all three are different but one is very close to the bator and that’s the one I trust. I have a hygrometer in there too which is extra just to be sure. I realised last week that it would probably be a good idea to move the eggs around so they all get the warmest spot, probably a little late for this lot but a lesson learned for the future.
I suppose movement bringing on hatching is a little like us and exercise when we’re due to give birth.

This little one is almost all the way out!!!

It’s very rewarding to see how excited they get
I’m very hands on and help the teachers through the process as well

That’s a very important thing that they learn
Where food comes from and how hard farmers work to get it
I bet it is, starting children young on the road to understanding is so important, and that’s also when they’re most likely to get excited about it.

Hi all, first time poster and first time incubating/hatching duck eggs. I’m on day 26, have 5 eggs, three of which have externally pipped and are singing like a little chorus in their shells! The other two are showing no signs of pipping yet but I can see movement inside when candled.
Given how chatty the three pipped eggs are, how long would you expect it to be before I see signs of unzipping? Really don’t want to lose these babies now we’ve gotten this far. Happy to sit and watch them patiently all weekend but don’t want to be watching if I need to be doing something else🤷🏻‍♀️
Temp. Is 99f and humidity is 74%.
Thanks in advance.
After external pip it can take up to 48 hours (usually around 24 but there can be Pokey babies that take longer )
How long has it been ?

Back
Top Bottom