How long from Internal pip to External Pip??? (Quail)

Thanks for the photos @MGG!! And yes. They have externally pipped like in @Kiki's video! The one pipped almost 24 hours ago so..... Maybe I can hope for some action today!!
The NR has been AMAZING. It turned them well and even though I had to add cardboard and tape (as said before... I was sent 30 eggs for that poor 22 egg incubator) and it handled it all fine. The hygrometer and thermometer have been accurate (as far as I know)! I am so grateful for all the help and advise I got about choosing an incubator.
I put in the drawer liner on day 15 and after throwing away 5 dead eggs (they seem to have quit on day 2 or 3), they have been in lockdown ever since.
Like I said, If I hold them up to my ear then I can hear scratching. Still no movement or sounds though.
I am so thrilled for this process to begin.
I'll update this once they have begun hatching!!!
Nows the time to leave the eggs alone.
Go shopping for the day.

Thanks for the photos @MGG!! And yes. They have externally pipped like in @Kiki's video! The one pipped almost 24 hours ago so..... Maybe I can hope for some action today!!
The NR has been AMAZING. It turned them well and even though I had to add cardboard and tape (as said before... I was sent 30 eggs for that poor 22 egg incubator) and it handled it all fine. The hygrometer and thermometer have been accurate (as far as I know)! I am so grateful for all the help and advise I got about choosing an incubator.
I put in the drawer liner on day 15 and after throwing away 5 dead eggs (they seem to have quit on day 2 or 3), they have been in lockdown ever since.
Like I said, If I hold them up to my ear then I can hear scratching. Still no movement or sounds though.
I am so thrilled for this process to begin.
I'll update this once they have begun hatching!!!
Sounds good! I'm so glad the NR is working well.

Back
Top Bottom