how long is too long?

Mrs. K

Crossing the Road
14 Years
Nov 12, 2009
western South Dakota
When I got home today, she was on the wrong nest! 1 week to go??? She has always sat as tight as a tick. But there were a lot of strangers around, and a strange dog.

The outer shells were cool, but there still was a warmth from inside the shell. I put her back in and she settled right down on them. Are they gonners?

MrsK

Sorry that happened. I don't have any experience here, but I did read that its not the ambient temp thats so important, its the internal temp. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
fl.gif
Good luck! Hope someone that has had this happen before comes along to help you out.

It was a little while longer than her going for food and water, I mean they were beginning to cool.

but after reading these articles, I am glad I just put her back where she belongs, and will cross my fingers. It is not a real big deal, I had ordered chicks at the feed store too, some breeds that I wanted to add to my flock. The eggs were just EE, of my own.

Thanks for your responses and additional threads

Mrs.K

Last edited:
Last winter on our coldest night we lost power. The power had already been off for a couple of hours when I discovered the power was off, my incubator temp was 78 degrees. Luckily I had a battery pack and an inverter. I plugged the incubator into it and got the temp back up. After a couple of more hrs the power came back on. I still had a good hatch.

Back
Top Bottom