How long would I need to keep 4 mnth old gunineas confined ?

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
I have a chance of getting some 4 month old guineas, I would like to know how long they would need to be confined to learn this is their home?

I have 10 guineas that are about 8 months old, and they have been free for a couple months. They were confined for two months. They were ten weeks old when I got them.

I really would like to have about five more guineas, and just saw some on craigslist today. But don't want to get them without knowing how long it would take them to learn this is home.

I have a chance of getting some 4 month old guineas, I would like to know how long they would need to be confined to learn this is their home?

I have 10 guineas that are about 8 months old, and they have been free for a couple months. They were confined for two months. They were ten weeks old when I got them.

I really would like to have about five more guineas, and just saw some on craigslist today. But don't want to get them without knowing how long it would take them to learn this is home.

6 weeks is recommended but since you have other guineas a month may be enough. Be prepared for it to take some time integrating the two flocks together tho. The younger ones will go thru an initiation process before they are accepted.

Thanks for the answer. I am thinking of keeping them confined for two months.

They are in a pen that the other guineas can see them but not get to them. I am hoping that will help with them "getting to know" each other over the next two months.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom