• 5 Dogs

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I've lost count😂

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
Pics
When you say "puppies you were looking at," Where are you looking at them? The Internet? If so, Don't walk, RUN.... NO good breeder has to advertise on the Internet. Good breeders have waiting lists of people and don't even need your deposit because if you don't show up, there are many other people waiting to take your place. Contact breeders from the ________breed Club of America. Most breeds have International Databases so that you can look up pedigrees complete with health test results and of course breeders. At a minimum ask for the dog parents registered names and look them up. If you go with a "breeder" who isn't registered as such, that's a personal choice but don't expect to not take any risk on yourself, do it with eyes wide open, you're for sure taking risk. I'm picking up a new puppy next week :love , zero risk, no deposit, it's not always about money for good breeders, it's also about breeding such quality dogs that your Kennel name is at Westminster and you never ever have to advertise on the Internet
We were suppose to go see the puppies today and she didnt tell us where to go. So this is a big no and hopefully we can get a new puppy by next year.

We were suppose to go see the puppies today and she didnt tell us where to go. So this is a big no and hopefully we can get a new puppy by next year.
Smart move. Sorry for the heart tugging that comes along with starting to think you're close to getting a sweep pup and I wish the rackets weren't out there! You'll find someone trustworthy I'm sure, and it will be wonderful :love

I would love to see pics, thats one of my dream dogs! Although Goldens are my favorite right now, and probably for a while!
Definitely I'll post pics, they are just so adorable! This is my Leo female, Newfie male and Red Golden Male as pups....
Luna7weeks.JPG
Kenai_baby.JPG
bent.JPG

Smart move. Sorry for the heart tugging that comes along with starting to think you're close to getting a sweep pup and I wish the rackets weren't out there! You'll find someone trustworthy I'm sure, and it will be wonderful :love
Lets hope a puppy is coming soon, our pups seperation anxiety and whatever else anxiety is getting worse, and dogs that she hasnt been around a lot she is scared of. So we would have to slowly transition her to the puppy. I was looking for more English Cream goldens puppies and someone was selling one for $5,350 CRAZY. When i see all the other upcoming puppies for 1,500-2,000. There is a litter of pups coming next year from a breeder i have been looking into they are really good and all there pups have turned out great(i might go with one of them hopefully). I also plan on showing him/her.

We have been contacting a lady that has golden retrievers and lab puppies for sale. Her golden pups are beautiful and the parents are registered, not sure if the puppies are yet. But she wants $100 dollar down payment before we can even see the puppies. Im really unsure about it. And she has had 3 litters she has told us about. We have only had luck having the puppy pick us, not us pick the puppy or breeder pick. What should i do? I feel like it could be a scam.
I wouldn’t do it. If someone wants a down payment, most of the time they let YOU see the puppies before you decide, like before they are ready to leave mom. OR they ask for a down payment that is refundable on a puppy that is due. But even then you get to pick. They guy we paid to provide his stud to our Rottie, gave us a copy of his contract to purchase a puppy. One thing is a home inspection that needs to be done within so much time before you get a puppy. And the deposit is based on what I explained already. I would honestly steer clear from this one. 3 liters is a LOT at ones. It just doesn’t sound right. Sounds like they are trying to make it seem like they have an abundant about of puppies. And if they truly do it is all about the money and not the care of the puppies.

$5,350 CRAZY. When i see all the other upcoming puppies for 1,500-2,000.
It's so much more about the source than the money. This is not crazy for breeding rights, pick, promising show dog. But to your point I'd never pay that to a breeder I don't already have a trusted relationship with. I never even ask the price of Leonberger's, I'm well aware. But what can i say, they are my soul dog and sometimes you have to ditch something else from the budget. It's funny there is another thread where a lady "matches you" with the right dog breed for you..... Yeah don't fall for that. You need to be totally in love to not only pay the price but then really pay the price. Vet prices are alot more insane than dog prices. I hope you get on the waiting list and have fun getting ready for a pup!!!:love

Back
Top Bottom