How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

8/8 AGAIN!! 2 days in a row!!!......Wow i am in awe!!! and can't wait to crack the "monster" from the Frankenstein chicken "Frankie" for short hee hee....

7 eggs from 30 hens! What is going on! Nothing is eating them, their diet hasn't changed, and they're not molting!!! It's been three weeks with no change!!
hmmm not sure? are they all same breed, age, maturity? I had a few early birds and a few later bloomers it took from August 4th till Sept 19th to get all 8 pullets to POL, if you got 30 maybe the seven are just earlier? My golden sex links layed too early 17 weeks six days....last one was 24 weeks 4 days???? Hang in there, and double check other posabilities(sounds like ya already have) ie: egg eaters, hidden nests, stress, etc etc...

Question- I have gold stars, i think they might be the same as golden sex links. They look alike and lay alike. On of mine laid at17 weeks six days too...
Yes very similar strains of cross bred, sex linked chickens, they go by a trade name of the hatchery that breeds the strain, i've seen them called reds, browns, goldens, red stars, bovan's, mine came from a hatchery in Caldwell ID, originaly bred from birds in europe? The one's I purchased are definetly egg laying machines, and very sweet non picky docile birds. I call them Frankie and Francine....when they were babies they had huge feet and ate and grew like monsters hence the "Frankenstien chickens" AND DID YA SEE THE EGG I GOT YESTERDAY
ep.gif
It was huuuuggggeee!!!!

Golden Sex Link
Golden-Sex-Link-Chicken.jpg

Golden-Sex-Link-Chick-FeMale.jpg

Each 25+ 50+ 100+ 200+
Straight Run $1.75 $1.65 $1.50 $1.35 N/A
Pullets $2.20 $2.10 $1.95 $1.80 N/A
Cockerel $1.20 $1.15 $1.05 $0.95 $0.30

This is our best brown egg layer. Imported originally from the Netherlands, this strain is used in over 60 countries worldwide. Capable of laying over 300 strong shelled eggs per year, the Golden Sex Link also known as the Bovan Brown is a very hearty bird that can withstand cold temperatures. When hatched, the males are a creamy white with the females colored in shades of red.

Back
Top Bottom