How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2 of 7. Has been that way all week but once in a while I get 4. I think 2 are starting molting and one needs a pasty butt bathed.

2/19. Seem to be all over the place in numbers! Got one that had a really fragile shell, so I'm not counting that one. One of the EEs used the floor instead of any of the nest boxes - then the other chickens covered it up with litter. If I hadn't decided to turn over the litter today, since we'll be gone for a few days, I'd never have seen it! So I spent some time today checking all the other corners to see if I missed one or two. Nope, just one buried, one in the nest early this morning and the fragile one in another nest.

3/15 - one was in the run ....but best of all, my sweet Fat Amy has laid her first BIG egg.....here is a shot of the first egg from yesterday's first timer (about the same size as Amy's first), one of Fat Amy's eggs from a few days ago and todays egg

Hope it's okay if I answer this, because mine is running already this morning.  It's like a reverse air conditioner.  An AC cools by removing warm humid air from a space (simplified, of course) and replacing it with dry, cooler air.  A swamp cooler cools by adding humidity to the air - water flows into it, a small octopus looking thingy sprays that water onto pads, and a fan blows that cooled, moist air into the house.  AC's great for humid areas, swamper's great for those of us in dry, hot parts of the country.  With an AC you want windows closed tight, with a swamper you want to have a couple of windows on opposites sides open.
Oh wow that's so cool! Never heard of it before!

2/19. Seem to be all over the place in numbers! Got one that had a really fragile shell, so I'm not counting that one. One of the EEs used the floor instead of any of the nest boxes - then the other chickens covered it up with litter. If I hadn't decided to turn over the litter today, since we'll be gone for a few days, I'd never have seen it! So I spent some time today checking all the other corners to see if I missed one or two. Nope, just one buried, one in the nest early this morning and the fragile one in another nest.

The one on the floor sounds like a new layer
D.gif

7 Chicken egg's
celebrate.gif

It was 109 F by 10 AM but a nice soft wind for most of the day .....

I had 8/9 yesterday and 7/9 today. I still have one Ameraucana pullet that isn't laying yet. They are 22 wks old today. This little girl spends time in the nest boxes but no egg, yet. I love the look of the pretty blue eggs with the brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom