How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

only 2. Have 5 hens.
So sad. This is my first year.
Cheer up, my friend - how many fresh, backyard eggs did you get last year? See, you're already ahead of the game!
wink.png

Keep in mind I just suffered a horrendous attack on my coop this past Sunday that resulted in the loss of one of my meager flock of 10 (9 hens 1 roo) and the injury to 2 others that seem to be healing... I've not seen an egg in weeks and this is what I find this evening as I'm putting them up... Mazy be something should of gotten at them a month ago lol...

Grey egg layer is Greyslyn, she was the last and prettiest baby from her father (named Silver) green egg gene below. I guess I should have kept him, but during molting season he lost all his feathers and was not attractive to begin with and he looked like he was running around with no pants. I did hatch out a few more of her sisters eggs and have access to more. I can save people her grey eggs, but we will talk about it. feel free to message me it will be a very small group.

below mom she was a barn yard mix, but her sister had more of a pea comb, we got them both from another farm so I don't know the history.she would lay mauve eggs that is how we ended up with grey
\
The first time I saw grey eggs it changed my life- I tried hatching some from a farm, but they were not fertile. I have been working towards that color and it turned up.
I absoulutly love her!!! And her grey egg! You are so lucky
love.gif

since someone posted a funny looking egg earlier I am posting this

funny looking one laid last summer. it is not just cracked it was heavy and contained many eggs think.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom