How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

If we all keep it up at this rate eggs will be the new currency
wink.png

12/23 yesterday

In the area we are in we are able to sell our mixed eggs for $5 a doz.

@Blooie your egg customers better not raise an eyebrow at your prices for 18 eggs, they are cheap in price.
I'm still 50 cents higher than what the others are charging for the same amount of eggs. Remember that with so many selling them here they go for a little less than some other areas of the country might be asking. It also seems like most folks in town are related somehow or another so there is a lot of just plain sharing among family members.

Wow, $4-5?!  The reason I ask is at the store the "cage free" eggs are around $5 and usually I see eggs advertised here for $1.5 to $3.  A family member of mine was appalled at the price of $2.  I was surprised considering all the time and effort put into a healthy flock for those farm fresh eggs.  Regular eggs at the store are close to that price so I don't see the issue.  But anyways, I was just curious how prices were outside of my comfort zone.  We give up extras so I don't have to feel obligated to provide something when I can't.  Plus for most of the family it's a nice little gift :) 

But now I know if I ever want to sell eggs I'm going to GA! :)

I'm in Hawaii and eggs here are $6 a dozen!

Back
Top Bottom