How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I admit my Brother he has her in a good place there is about 8 on the dementia floor first floor
the second floor is all assisted living, kicker many of them volunteer in the first floor
thankful they still can

Some of the chicks hatched from pink eggs. My Ameraucana is white/gray.

I would love to see pics of your ameraucana!

I hear ya.  My Mom has been in a Nursing home for quite a while now.  Then she was back in the hospital with Pneumonia.  After 6 days she went back to the nursing home.  The doctor at the hospital told my Dad that her body is just worn out & that she is to weak to even do physical therapy. However, she is doing it anyway.  Her big accomplishment yesterday was being up to stand on her own for 1 minute.  She did it twice.  She has good days & she has really bad days ( when you aren't sure she will even make it through the day).  

I think of you often while I am helping with my Mom.

Ditto.. it is awful to see her this way she hates being there
and cannot understand why she can't go home

Praying for you both and your families I hope you don't mind. We had to place my Grandpa in a facility last December for Alzheimer's. I've helped be his care taker and I lived with my grandparents for 4 years before moving in with my future husband. Watching Grandpa decline has been heartbreaking as he basically replace my father when I was a child.

He is less and less lucid but he can still come to family get togethers. Things are declining more rapidly now and I fear he will not live to see my wedding in another year or two by the time we have enough saved.

The facility is wonderful only 8 dementia/Alzheimer's patients are cared for there the rest of the facility is assisted living. We are very blessed to have found such a place. Grandpa is cared for very well.

Sending hugs and prayers to the both of you.
Why wait to have a big event (wedding bash) if in the years waiting your loved ones leave and can't share the love, hugs, smiles? Example: my Mom was in a car wreck and died suddenly...my son of 38 was recently killed, my daughter moved over 700 miles away and wouldn't be bothered to come for the buriel because of kids schedules and pets-livestock. Life is too unpredictable...a few years and , pooof.
And my mom in law has stage 6 dementia so we know that side, also. Best wishes and long life.

I just found about a dozen eggs laid by my girl, Janice, under a leaning piece of wood. Should i trust them or toss them??? It has been in the 90s, rained a couple times...i heard or read if they float in a cup of water, they are bad...would that apply here??
Yes, that would apply here. If they don't stink, but you don't want to chance eating them, feed them to your chickens! It's great protein for them. I usually scramble them for them, but if I'm feeling lazy, I just crack them open into a container (or onto the ground) and they gobble them up. Then I crunch up the shells real good (so they don't look like eggs) and toss those in as well. The egg shells are a good source of calcium. The reason you crush up the shells is so they don't look like eggs ( you don't want to "teach" your chickens that eggs are yummy or you may develop an egg eater). I don't mind when they eat them when I give them to them, but I don't want to have a hen that "helps herself" to an egg or 2 in the nest box!

I actually hard boil eggs for the dogs they get it cut up in their food
they love them
My daughter usually grabs all the hard boiled eggs! Or they get me to make deviled eggs, those don't last long around here! When I have a weak shelled egg, or one that is cracked I just crack them on top of my dogs bowl of food & she gobbles it right up! I think she would gobble it up not matter how I fixed them for her. She is a black lab, they are know for being food hogs!

Back
Top Bottom