How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Monday

Chicken eggs 0, The ladys are getting wiser at hiding their eggs and two of the ladys are sitting on a nest full of eggs or at least they sitting when I check on them .. I barrowed a neighbors 4 year old boy to collect a bag full of eggs from under one of the sheds before the heat gets to them ..

Turkey eggs I found a nest with 5 eggs and it was on the other side of the yard and I only found the nest because I was cleaning up some of the trash that came in with the high winds we have had lately ....

Temps mid 80's with soft winds and clear skys most of the day ..

Karenerwin, Diabetes is funny on how it makes a person feel and I was one of them people who had no idea about its affects on the body and I am finding out the hard way to do a lot of reading on the subject but the big thing is how exercise is good but not to over do it and that dehydration is not simply fixed with water but to also to cool the body off and that a headache is the bodies way of telling a person to take it easy as the next step is much worse like a few days in the hospital ... Ya not good ..

Karenerwin, the Turkeys I have two hens and I started with 4 toms and wound up with 3 hens and 1 Tom and we ate him for Thanksgiving and he was 50 pounds and one lady passed away when I put her out side I thank it broke her heart to be put out with the other birds . The hens are a pain as they will get right in my path and sit down and wont move so I have to steep over them ..
Wow, 50 pounds! That's huge! It gave me a chuckle to picture the turkeys staging a "sit in" and you having to step over them. We spared one of our cornish cross "meaties" be cause my hubby wants to see if she'll lay eggs. I often call her "cat" because she likes to get underfoot when I am outside, much like the cats do.

Yep, they call diabetes one of the :silent killers" for a good reason. We got the day off work today, Due to all of the flooding in our area we have become like an island! So many of the highways and roads are closed that the district decided to call off school. We wouldn't be able to get help if we had a fire or anything, plus they don't want staff to get flooded out away from their home. I thought I was going to get lots done today, but so far I've had a bad stomach all morning
sickbyc.gif
Hopefully, I'll be able to get stuff done this afternoon.

14 eggs yesterday.

I dislike being diabetic and I hate the feeling when I indulge in too much sugar. But that's probably a good thing in my case because it helps keep me in check. Just got my eyes checked and zero changes from the diabetes so far.
fl.gif
Still got a long way to go though...lol.

Finally...a count on the eggs. I lose track when I wash. Made a point to count as I put them IN the baskets.
gig.gif

April 30 - 42 eggs
May 1 - 36 eggs and 2 guinea eggs.

I have enough guinea eggs now to set under 2-3 of the broody hens.

Last edited:
I dislike being diabetic and I hate the feeling when I indulge in too much sugar. But that's probably a good thing in my case because it helps keep me in check. Just got my eyes checked and zero changes from the diabetes so far.
fl.gif
Still got a long way to go though...lol.

Finally...a count on the eggs. I lose track when I wash. Made a point to count as I put them IN the baskets.
gig.gif

April 30 - 42 eggs
May 1 - 36 eggs and 2 guinea eggs.

I have enough guinea eggs now to set under 2-3 of the broody hens.
I just got a card in the mail reminding me I haven't had my eyes checked in 2 years. I guess I'd better go this summer. That and the dentist are what I tend to neglect in my diabetes care. My downfall is definitely chocolate! I can skip the carbs in bread and things like that, but I have a real hard time passing up chocolate. Fortunately, my numbers are usually really good.

I just got a card in the mail reminding me I haven't had my eyes checked in 2 years.  I guess I'd better go this summer.  That and the dentist are what I tend to neglect in my diabetes care.  My downfall is definitely chocolate!  I can skip the carbs in bread and things like that, but I have a real hard time passing up chocolate.  Fortunately, my numbers are usually really good.

Don't skip the Optometrist! You should go every year, your insurance should cover if anything is amiss and adding a vision plan is usually not expensive.
Very important to keep an eye on your eyes!

I'd agree as well about the optometrist. He showed an early case of diabetes showing up in the capillaries of the eyes. Very interesting to see inside your eye. Here once you have diabetes you get your eye exams for free. I'm guessing that helps catch things before it becomes more expensive for the health care system...lol.

Bread is my downfall between the two. I'm most likely to go over on sugars if I have Chinese food. I think it's the sweet sauces. Darn.

I didn't realize about the dentist. I don't even want to think about how far behind I am there.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I'd agree as well about the optometrist. He showed an early case of diabetes showing up in the capillaries of the eyes. Very interesting to see inside your eye. Here once you have diabetes you get your eye exams for free. I'm guessing that helps catch things before it becomes more expensive for the health care system...lol.

Bread is my downfall between the two. I'm most likely to go over on sugars if I have Chinese food. I think it's the sweet sauces. Darn.

I didn't realize about the dentist. I don't even want to think about how far behind I am there. :/  

Yes, most of the time eye exams are covered under medical insurance after a diabetes diagnosis, and your eye doctor is often the first to notice it's onset.
I don't know about diabetes and dentistry because my wife is an Optometrist, not a dentist lol

Quote: My BF who just turned 70 this last year September is also diabetic and no changes in like 40 years
for him I am the that watches how and what but he is very good at taking a touch more for ice cream or the really great goodies
ie my cookies of baking I do...
my egg count is 11 girls recovering from snow stress
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom