How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

There are sometimes REAL 6 egg cartons like yours, often they just cut them in half at the store to make a 6 pack. Also common are cartons for 18. And at places like Costco you can by cases that have "flats" that I THINK hold 30 each, not sure how many flats in a box. I've never bought those. I think you would pretty much need to be running a cooking/baking business to buy them.

Correct! We have cartons for 10 and 6 eggs.
Here's one for 6:

View attachment 1201354

I know you guys in America can buy eggs by the dozen. Are there any other carton sizes?

Wow what is the cost there ?

There are sometimes REAL 6 egg cartons like yours, often they just cut them in half at the store to make a 6 pack. Also common are cartons for 18. And at places like Costco you can by cases that have "flats" that I THINK hold 30 each, not sure how many flats in a box. I've never bought those. I think you would pretty much need to be running a cooking/baking business to buy them.

use to buy the flats made dehydrated dog food for 25 years

Wow what is the cost there ?
Luckily we have no battery eggs anymore for years now in Germany. We can buy cage free eggs, free range and organic.
Cage free cost like 1.30 $ for 10 (way too cheap obviously) and organic ones for 3 bucks per 10. Which is the price you pay if you buy them at a farm too.
We've been to Austria last year and they had 10 organic eggs for 6-7 $. That's when it's starting to be worth it to have your own backyard chickens. ;)

Luckily we have no battery eggs anymore for years now in Germany. We can buy cage free eggs, free range and organic.
Cage free cost like 1.30 $ for 10 (way too cheap obviously) and organic ones for 3 bucks per 10. Which is the price you pay if you buy them at a farm too.
We've been to Austria last year and they had 10 organic eggs for 6-7 $. That's when it's starting to be worth it to have your own backyard chickens. ;)

so same cost as here not sure of the exchange rate just now only ours are in 12 and 18

Part of me wonders if I should have gotten one or two white layers and maybe a Maran for even more color.

We have had Marans in the past. Nice birds, but spotty layers. Totally shut down from late fall through early spring. Egg color/shade can vary greatly, so make sure you get the genetic provenance for dark eggs if possible. Our group of Black Copper Marans laid light brown to dark brown eggs.
We now have Welsummers as our dark egg layers and love them. Great personality, hardy, good foragers and almost daily layers of interesting dark brown with darker speckled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom