How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Wahooo! For the very first time, I got an egg from all fourteen girls! Oh bother, what am I going to do with all these eggs!!

AAE2216F-568E-49EE-831A-60841D5511DD.jpeg

Wahooo! For the very first time, I got an egg from all fourteen girls!
Fabulous! What is that huuuuge blue egg??? My Araucananas are no where near that big (or bright blue!)

I think I got 8 today (sorry been pretty unwell the last few days so just collect 'em and box 'em!). I'm selling between 2 and 4 dozen a week - up to 4 this week - could have sold a 5th but she said not to worry about dropping them and she'll just get them next week. I'm away for my new job so would like to take a couple of dozen away with me (will leave Sunday and have training all day Monday and Tuesday - we are all staying in a big (gorgeous!) house), I presume we'll need to eat breakfast and no way am I eating store bought eggs :lol::lol::lol:

Bonjour PouleChick! Sorry to hear you don’t feel well. (Whatever creeping crud is floating around is visiting my house today too...) The blue egg is from my eight-month old Easter Egger, Bertha. From the very first, her eggs have been large and that beautiful blue. My other EE is something of a slacker - her eggs are still small and light brown. Oh well, I love them both! Hope you feel better soon and safe travels.

8C9EA513-D1A4-4CC9-BF00-0F3D17EF9275.jpeg

She’s looking a little ragged as my reds have been pulling out everyone’s beards and ear muffs... The reds just might end up in the crock pot!

FINALLY I got my first egg!! a green one! from my barred EE Pepper! she saw me building the new coop and laid an egg..she must sense competition coming ;)
update! A second egg colour has appeared in the nest box..pink!? I wonder which of the girls layed it. Besides catching them in the act is there any way to tell?
15538157280204142243504955745062.jpg

would have to know what birds you have before any guesses
I have a barred EE, a big brown and black EE, a bantam black orpington and a svart hona. The egg is small and creamy pink. I'm pretty sure the barred EE is laying the green eggs as she is the only one I've seen in the nesting box. So it must be one of the other 3 I'm guessing

Back
Top Bottom