How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

What did you put in the bottom? Gravel or something? How about your soil? You may need a wick.

I’m trying lava rocks in a couple of totes under soil. If the roots grow that deep there’s still moisture for them, but the soil isn’t saturated. We shall see how that goes.
The bottom third of the bucket is lined with landscape fabric to keep the soil from washing out of the drain holes. The bucket is filled with potting soil top to bottom. I think it would have been better if I drilled the holes a couple inches higher.

View attachment 3800715
Two today, but then I discovered a secret stash. What is the rule for eating these? I doubt they're more than a week old and were very cool to the touch when I collected them this morning.
I would probably eat them if they looked ok after breaking them into a bowl. But if in doubt, they'd be a great protein supplement for your chickens.

8 eggs from 10 hens that are laying. I have two 'retirees' that haven't laid an egg for quite a while now. They are the welfare cases around here, I guess. LOL!
I call them lawn ornaments 😊 I have at least 8 or 10 of those!

13 eggs, only 1 is a silkie egg, come on silkie ladies we need you to start laying eggs for babies!

View attachment 3800715
Two today, but then I discovered a secret stash. What is the rule for eating these? I doubt they're more than a week old and were very cool to the touch when I collected them this morning.
Should be fine as long as you haven’t had temps over 70F - people keep eggs on their countertops all the time.

Back
Top Bottom