How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Don't feel bad. Zero from one is a lot better than one from twelve
wink.png

... I have a purebred Americana hatched in May.

Purebred Ameraucana or Americana?

If it is the former, it can be purebred, if the latter, it is an Easter Egger. (LOVE my 2 EEs!)

6 from 12 today and they were stuck in the coop. No one around most of the day. Poor babies.

Bruce

Jim White- A question. Are you the same guy who used to raise Gold Comets? Do you totally replace your flock at each molt? 11 out of 35 hens here. 15 new pullets, 1 roo and 20 gals from 2-4 years old.

Don't feel bad. Zero from one is a lot better than one from twelve ;)

Purebred Ameraucana or Americana?

If it is the former, it can be purebred, if the latter, it is an Easter Egger. (LOVE my 2 EEs!)

6 from 12 today and they were stuck in the coop. No one around most of the day. Poor babies.

Bruce

Americauna but my spell check doesn't like it. It came from a show chicken. :)

Well I didn't collect eggs for 3 days and I ended up with 6 eggs. So now I know that I have at least 2 hens that are laying. One I have been waiting and waiting on may have started. I keep finding eggs in weird places all of a sudden 2 so it might be her. But it is more likely that it is just the 2 I am used to, although one egg was a tiny bit larger than usual, but I think that happens.

I've gotten 7/7 the last two days in a row. I know this can't last, but I guess the days have gotten long enough for the girls to be back in production!

Woo Hoo!
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom