How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

5/6 - just one silkie not laying!

Even our Lavender Araucana has started laying so we now have a colourful egg collection :))

I am amazed that the girls, all of them, made it thru this winter. Today the sun is shining and they are very happy. Their eggs keep getting bigger and bigger and they have not slowed down all winter. Two day recently I have gotten 8/8. Just amazing. I still have heat lamp going cause the nights are still sometime close to zero. I feel sorry that they don't get to sleep in the dark, but it's too dang cold. A couple are molting now and still laying.

Last edited:
I am amazed that the girls, all of them, made it thru this winter. Today the sun is shining and they are very happy. Their eggs keep getting bigger and bigger and they have not slowed down all winter. Two day recently I have gotten 8/8. Just amazing. I still have heat lamp going cause the nights are still sometime close to zero. I feel sorry that they don't get to sleep in the dark, but it's too dang cold. A couple are molting now and still laying.

The light might be why have continued to lay thru the winter. There are ceramic heat emmiters you can by that will produce heat without the light.

11/15 today and 12/15 yesterday. Getting closer and closer to 100%

2/7
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom