How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6/7 today. One of my hens that normally lays creamy brown eggs laid one that was almost white! Not sure what that was about.
idunno.gif

1 duck egg

1 goose egg

4 chicken egg's

Total 6 egg's temp 92F degrees and no wind yep I got
a burn taking off my shirt today but it felt so good ...

My EE pullets produced 3 of mu egg's and they are
16 weeks old and the RIR, RO are full grown .....

4/6

The ladies are doing great! We are seeing more egg production with increased sunlight and warmer weather, they sure pulled back quite a bit the last couple weeks. ..oh well, everyone needs a rest now and then.

6 juvenile pullets will be comming from murrymcmurry in two days, approximately 15-22 weeks of age - three barred rocks, two light brahma & one araucanas.

we are all very excited and hope they integrate smoothly! :)

4/6

The ladies are doing great! We are seeing more egg production with increased sunlight and warmer weather, they sure pulled back quite a bit the last couple weeks. ..oh well, everyone needs a rest now and then.

6 juvenile pullets will be comming from murrymcmurry in two days, approximately 15-22 weeks of age - three barred rocks, two light brahma & one araucanas.

we are all very excited and hope they integrate smoothly!
smile.png

Could you put up the a photo of the box or boxes them pullets are shipped in as I ship chickens from time to time and have to use a post office approved box that the post office sells and only one pullet or chicken can be shippedat a time per box ......

Last edited:
13 from 23?

The Vorwerks are just settling into their new home, half the cream legbars laid, we haven't had anything off the Ancona's in ages but its either the Silkie or the welsummer in with them that's laying an egg every other day. Most in the main pen are laying, the two white Sussex's we got lay every other day.

13 is a good amount since we only sell two dozen a week so that's half the order done! Rest should be done today.

Last edited:
Today Ive gotten 5 from 6 hens!!! super happy concidering they have only been with me for 2 days and they have given me a dozen eggs in 2 days, not bad.
I do have a question, maybe one of you may know.....
How can you tell which hens are the ones laying each day? now all mine lay the same color eggs (right now, new chickens arent old enough for laying yet) so that may not be easy to tell. But I was just wondering if there is a way to tell which ones lay without gaurding the hen house and watching each one go in to lay...
thanks!

Could you put up the a photo of the box or boxes them pullets are shipped in as I ship chickens from time to time and have to use a post office approved box that the post office sells and only one pullet or chicken can be shippedat a time per box ......

No problem, I will post pictures of the boxes for you 007. They should be arriving this Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom