How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I got 6 eggs today & I only have 5 pullets.
ep.gif
I checked colours & it seems that Snowy laid late afternoon yesterday & again this morning so mystery solved. Best of all when I checked back, I've had either 5/5 or 4/5 eggs on alternate days since the 15th with the exception of the last two days which were both 5/5.
yesss.gif
Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased with my choice of utility layers.

I got 6 eggs today & I only have 5 pullets.
ep.gif
I checked colours & it seems that Snowy laid late afternoon yesterday & again this morning so mystery solved. Best of all when I checked back, I've had either 5/5 or 4/5 eggs on alternate days since the 15th with the exception of the last two days which were both 5/5.
yesss.gif
Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased with my choice of utility layers.
Sure seems like a successful choice of breeds then. Soon you'll be searching for recipes that use loads of eggs
smile.png

6/7 today, I'm avg 4-5 a day out of 7, have one hen, one of the Rocks, that lays a huge egg every 2-3 days. Made a Lemon meragine pie with 4 of these.

6/7 today, I'm avg 4-5 a day out of 7, have one hen, one of the Rocks, that lays a huge egg every 2-3 days. Made a Lemon meragine pie with 4 of these.

Those are such pretty colours! I've never actually seen a blue or green shelled egg but a friend of mine has an Aracauna. I just wish it would hurry up & start laying.
Vehev - I made a quiche tonight with onion, spinach, roasted beetroot & feta & of course fresh eggs. It was delicious.

Those are such pretty colours! I've never actually seen a blue or green shelled egg but a friend of mine has an Aracauna. I just wish it would hurry up & start laying.
Vehev - I made a quiche tonight with onion, spinach, roasted beetroot & feta & of course fresh eggs. It was delicious.
That sounds good, probably had a pretty radical color to it
smile.png
Goat cheeses go really well with beatroot, one thing I love is eating roasted beatroot (maybe throw some carrot in there too) with grilled chevre and just a splash of honey of maple syrup.

Back
Top Bottom